10 Ways to Create Community in JulyJul 01, 2018 10:00AM ● By WLMagazine
by Peaches McCahil
It’s a common belief that the happiest individuals are those who are involved in their community, as it allows for personal growth, knowledge and inspiration. Here are ten ways to add more community to your life.
1. Be friendly and welcome all newbies to your world.
2. Be a good neighbor. Host get-togethers and bring your neighbors gifts from the market, such as fresh produce or flowers.
3. Volunteer in your community. Pick a cause that moves you and jump in.
4. Say thank you to your community. Show gratitude to city and state employees and leadership.
5. Recruit others to participate in a community event such as a 5K, food drive and a street clean-up.
6. Reach out to a veteran and their family to show your appreciation for your service.
7. Pick up litter when you see it to keep your neighborhood clean for everyone.
“I cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.” —Mother Theresa
8. Join a club that aligns with your passions, such as cooking, fly fishing, reading, hiking or painting.
9. Get your hands dirty in a community garden.
10. Share your abundance! Be generous with what you have and give to those in need.
Peaches McCahill is founder and president of The McCahill Group, a leading provider of health, wellness, beauty and talent solutions, and owner of the new M Power Studio. She has a passion to inspire others with simplistic lifestyle suggestions.