Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW) Announces 2019 Board of DirectorsMar 18, 2019 09:31AM ● By WLMagazine
West Michigan non-profit organization, GROW, welcomes six board members to its 2019 Board of Directors to further help the strategic direction of the organization.
New board members include:
- Meg Lehigh, HR Collaborative, takes the position of Board President
- Shannon Cohen, Principal/Founder, Tough Skin Soft Heart by Shannon Cohen
- Elizabeth Joy Fossel, Director of Civil Legal Affairs, City of Grand Rapids
- Floriza Genautis, CEO, Management Business Solutions
- LaChaun Steverson, Community Member
- Kim Suarez, Community Member
“I’m very excited to lead this growing board. Many of us have been involved with GROW through a larger strategic planning process. Adding these talented, community-minded professional women will ensure that GROW continues to enhance programming, services and funding sources for entrepreneurs,” shared incoming board president, Meg Lehigh.
These new board members will serve 3 year terms, and join existing board members below.
- Elizabeth Ziesmer, Board Past President, Principal, Rehmann
- Jason Reep, Board Treasurer, President, The Employers’ Association
- Elly Barnette-Dawson, Director of Advancement, Grand Rapids Art Museum
- Rebecca Dutcher, President, RED66 Marketing
- William H. Franks, Attorney, The Law Offices of William H. Franks, PLC
- Stacey George, Attorney, Varnum LLP
- Brittany Harden, Associate Attorney, Miller Johnson Snell & Cummiskey PLC
- Jack Keller, Commercial Loan Officer, Lake Michigan Credit Union
- Dallas Lenear, Lead Consultant & Director of Project Green, Genesis Consulting
- Amy Lodenstein, Owner, Coy’s Awnings
- Veronica Quintino Aranda, Spectrum Community Services
- Bridgett Vanderhoff, CEO & Founder Appletree & Gilden Woods Early Care and Preschool
- Debra Van Hevele, Senior Vice President, Comerica Bank
“Personally, I am thrilled with the addition of these six outstanding individuals to our already talented board. I am confident that they will bring their unique skills and experiences to help GROW continue to serve the changing needs of our community,” said, Bonnie Nawara, CEO of GROW.
The new board leadership and additional members will aid in the organization’s growth and governance. The Board of Directors plays an integral role in providing the resources and expertise needed for GROW to effectively serve thousands of entrepreneurs in West Michigan as well as support growth in the Muskegon and Lakeshore area.
About GROW: GROW is an organization focused on women and men at various stages of business ownership. They are the entrepreneurial resource throughout West Michigan to help entrepreneurs take the next step, empowering and supporting them with professional expertise for a lifetime. More than half of those GROW serves are low to moderate income individuals who want to start or build their business. GROW is one of only 110 certified Women’s Business Centers in the nation, and one of three in Michigan, all in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration. They were also recently designated as a CDFI (Community Development Fund Institution). Learn more at www.GROWBusiness.org.