Celebrate Grand Rapids Trans Week of Visibility 2019 March 22-March 31
Mar 22, 2019 01:01PM
- Visible: A Trans Art Showcase & TWOV Opening Reception. Join Grand Rapids Trans Foundation and Grand Rapids Pride Center as they kick off a week of events celebrating the TGNC community with a Trans Art Showcase at Bend & Spiral Galleries. Spiral Gallery. 5-9pm. Click here for more information.
- Children and Family Reading Hour. Celebrate trans and gender non-conforming youth. Books & Mortar. Clicl here for more information.
- Proud To Be Healthy. The first annual Trans and Gender Non-conforming Committee Health Event will have health professionals focused on trans specific initiatives, setting up spaces where they can provide connections to health resources and discuss their goals for serving the trans population. Noon-3 pm. Grand Rapid Pride Center. Click here for more information.
- 3rd Annual Lighting of the Blue Bridge. A night of networking, community building and celebrating the Trans and Gender Non-Conforming community. The city's iconic bridge will be lit with the colors of the transgender glad. Please bring your own lawn chairs and blankets. 7-9 pm. Blue Bridge. Click here for more information.
- TDOV Service Project at HQ. Grand Rapids Pride Center's Trans and Gender Non-Conforming Advisory Committee is hosting a service project for the benefit of HQ, a drop-in center for runaway and homeless youth. Space is limited to 25 participants. Only those who can fully commit are encouraged to register. Click here for more information.
- Speak Your Truth: A TDOV Open Mic Event. At this special event, attendees will hear from transgender members of our community and learn about the positive work being done right here in West Michigan. Rachel Crandall-Crocker, Executive Director of Transgender Michigan and founder of TDOV is a special guest. 4-7 pm. YWCA West Central Michigan. Click here for more information.