5 Things to Do This Weekend, August 9-11Aug 06, 2019 01:31PM ● By WLMagazine
- Restaurant Week. Savor specially priced lunches, dinners or both at 60+ area restaurants. Each restaurant will create a special menu highlighting fresh, local ingredients for the event. When: August 7-18. Where: Grand Rapids. Entry: 3 Different menu options. For more information.
- Mario Aguilar - La Sensación del internet. Mario Aguilar es un comediante mexicano profesional que ha ganado popularidad en YouTube al crear contenido cómico basado en mujeres celosas y madres estereotipadas. Cuando: Agosto 9, 8pm. En donde: DeVos Place. Boletos: General $35. VIP $55. For more information.
- Trap Yoga GR. Body positive hip hop yoga experience that focuses on empowerment, building confidence and expressing self-love through the movements of your body. When: August 9, 6:30pm-8pm. Where: Wealthy Theatre. Entry: $10. For more information and tickets.
- A Glimpse of Africa. This one-day spectacular event will showcase the rich, diverse and beautiful African cultures through Fashion, Art, Food, Dance, Music and more. When: August 10, 10:30am. Where: Rosa Parks Circle. For more information.
- SuperPartyWonderDay 2019. With performances by Afro Zuma, Cønrad Shøck + the Nøise, Drums for All (Josh Dunigan), The Porters and Zumba Kids Rock (Sara Leonardo), kids programs, giant lawn games, a Silent Disco, a board game tent hosted by GrandCon Gaming Convention, organized bicycle rides by the Greater Grand Rapids Bicycle Coalition, craft beer and wine from our local partner breweries, a rib cook-off with public tasting hosted by The Grilling Company, food trucks, the Kent District Library Bookmobile, and more! When: August 11. Where: The Meadows at Millennium Park. For more information.