5 Things to Do This Weekend, January 17-19Jan 14, 2020 05:25PM ● By WLMagazine
Friday, Jan. 17-Sunday, Jan. 18
- GR Symphony Presents Hollywood Hits. perience the thrill of blockbuster movie themes from Gone With The Wind, The Magnificent 7, Dr. Zhivago, Lawrence of Arabia, James Bond, Rocky, The Pink Panther, Moon River, Dances With Wolves, Ben Hur and many more. DeVos Performance Hall. 7:30 pm Friday and Saturday; 3 pm Sunday. Click here for more information.
- Comedian Kira Soltanovich. Born in the former Soviet Union and raised by immigrant parents in San Francisco, Kira Soltanovich has plenty to laugh about. Dr. Grin's at the B.O.B. 8 pm. Click here for more information.
Saturday, Jan. 18
- Winter Sensory Hike and Meditation. Witness the detail and beauty of the forest in winter, appreciate the cold air on your skin, listen to the sounds of Blandford’s forest in winter, and then settle into your own reflective space with a guided meditation. Blandford Nature Center. 10-11:30 am. Click here for more information.
- River City Improv. The show weave skits, games and songs with audience suggestions to create unique entertainment experiences for each show. Peter Wege Auditorium. 7:30pm. Click here for more information.
Sunday, Jan. 19
- Food with a Farmer. Meet local West Michigan farmers and dine from The Sovengard’s fantastic menu. 10% of all food sales raised during the event will be donated to the West Michigan Growers Group to be put toward upcoming projects. The Sovengrard. 5-9 pm. Click here for more information.