Photographer Creates Cookbook Supporting Grand Rapids Restaurant WorkersJun 10, 2020 05:22PM ● By Two Eagles Marcus
May 30, 2020 – Grand Rapids, MI – Jeff Hage of Green Frog Photo is launching a cookbook fundraiser to help restaurant workers who have been out of work due to the COVID-19 shutdown. Hage teamed up with local chefs and food industry professionals to put together the cookbook.
The cookbook features a collection of 28 recipes with dishes, drinks, and desserts that West Michigan chefs make for their families at home, and each dish has a photo to go along with it.
“I work with food industry people every day. They are more than clients, they’re friends. I needed to do something to help them,” explained Jeff Hage, who is a food photography partner at Green Frog Photo.
Initially, Hage and his partner Seth Thompson created videos with chefs to let the public know what was going on with restaurants during the shutdown. “I began reaching out to the chefs for recipes and shot them all at home,” said Hage.
Restaurants and bars are an integral part of our society, and they’ve become more than just a place to be fed and renewed. “Food is our love language. It’s how we show we care,” said Jenna Arcidiacono, a recipe contributor. Arcidiacono is the chef and owner of Amore Trattoria Italiana in Comstock Park.
Proceeds from the sales will be distributed through the American Culinary Federation and directly through the restaurants. The PDF download is available at ChefsAtHome.care for $16. Hage says plans for a printed version are in the works.
“The coming together of a community is the best thing that has happened in our current situation.” said Chris Perkey, who is the chef and owner of Osteria Rossa in downtown Grand Rapids.
Chefs At Home recipe contributors:
• Jameson Ewigleben, Perrin Brewing
• Chris Perkey, Osteria Rossa
• Jeremy Paquin, Grove/Essence Restaurant Group
• Kelsey Winter-Troutwine, One Twenty Three Tavern
• Laurel Schippert, Food Stylist
• David Ringler, Cedar Springs Brewing Company
• Diane Devereaux, The Canning Diva
• One Bourbon
• Fred Bueltmann, This Craft Nation
• Kim Smith, The Catering Company
• Monica Mitidieri, Monica’s Gourmet Cookies
• Rajeev Patgaonkar, CEC, AAC, HGT
• Shawn Kohlhaas, Culinary Cultivations
• The Holiday Bar
• Tommy FitzGerald
• Maricruz Salinas, La Huasteca
• Jenna Arcidiacono, Amore Trattoria Italiana
• Billy Wood
• Bernard Lucas, Leo’s• Jeff Hage, Green Frog Photo