Virtual Camp Sparkle at Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids Kicks Off on July 7Jun 30, 2020 03:05PM ● By Elyse Wild
In its 15th year Camp Sparkle at Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids will take place virtually through Zoom. Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids will (GCGR) continue the tradition of the annual day camp for children entering first through fifth grades who have been impacted by cancer or grief for any reason. It provides children with a chance to connect and interact with other children who have struggled through situations similar to their own.
The camp is free to attend and open to students from all surrounding communities. It will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from July 7-July21.
Camp Sparkle is facilitated by master’s level professionals with support by trained volunteers and includes programs form various community partners.
· Tuesday, July 7, 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. (Jenny B from Farm Kitchen GR)
· Thursday, July 9, 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. John Ball Zoo)
· Tuesday, July 14, 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m (Franciscan Life Process Center)
· Thursday, July 16, 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. (Hearts for Arts)
· Tuesday, July 21, 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. (Chef Jenna from Amore)
Those interested in having a child attend camp should contact the Gilda’s Club by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.