Lemon CakeDec 09, 2021 09:35AM ● By Two Eagles Marcus
by Pompeian Oils & Vinegars
Put a better-for-you twist on your baked classics this holiday season by swapping out less healthy cooking fats like butter, canola oil and vegetable oil with an option like Pompeian Light Taste Olive Oil. Ideal for baking desserts like this Lemon Cake, as well as frying, this light tasting olive oil provides a healthier take on your holiday recipes without impacting the taste you and your guests love. This olive oil is high-quality and authentic, backed by a brand that has been perfecting the craft of olive oil since 1906.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups Pompeian Light Taste Olive Oil, plus additional for oiling pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest, plus additional for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup limoncello
- powdered sugar, for garnish (optional)
- dried sweetened lemon rings, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 F. Oil 8-by-12-by-2-inch pan with olive oil and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In bowl, whisk flour, sugars, salt, baking soda and powder. In another bowl, whisk 1 1/3 cups olive oil, milk, eggs, lemon zest, juice and limoncello. Add dry ingredients; whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 60-75 minutes until top is golden and cake tester comes out clean. Transfer cake to rack and let cool 30 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of pan, invert cake onto rack and let cool completely, 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon rings right before serving, if desired.